- By-Law 2022-24 - A By-law to allow for Relief of a Residential Tax Increase in 2023-2024 for low income seniors and low income persons with disabilities.
- Applications must me submitted each year.
- Deadline for application is November 15th of each year.
- Applications are not to be signed prior to submission as it needs to be commissioned.
Property taxes are calculated by multiplying your annual assessed value by the tax rates established from the Municipality, County and Province.
Amounts required by the County of Peterborough and school boards are paid to them based on the amounts levied each year and the Municipality retains only the amount required to meet its financial needs in accordance with the annual budget.
The 2024 due dates are:
- Interim Dates:
- Thursday, March 28, 2024
- Friday, May 31, 2024
- Final Dates:
- Wednesday, July, 31, 2024
- Monday, September 30, 2024
Please note that payments must be made by the due dates and penalty will be charged on the 1st day of default and on the 1st of the month thereafter as per the By-Law. We cannot reverse penalty or interest due to late payments. Penalty arrears notices will be mailed on the 1st of each month if there are arrears over $5.00.
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) determines the assessed value of all properties in the Province of Ontario. As the municipality is not able to answer specific questions regarding your property assessment, please refer to the MPAC website or you may contact MPAC in one of the following ways:
How do I enroll in the pre-authorized debit plan?
- Print and sign the pre-authorized debit plan agreement, or complete the electronic version, fillable pre-authorized debit plan agreement. Select either the regular program (accounts with no arrears) or arrears program (accounts in arrears).
- Please enclose a personal cheque and mark 'VOID' across it or a direct deposit/pre-authorized transaction form available from your bank.
- For a joint bank account, all people on the account must sign the agreement if more than one signature is required on issued cheques.
- You must ensure that your property taxes are current with no arrears prior to enrollment in the regular program. Additions to the plan after January will require that months missed are paid before the first monthly amount is debited.
- You must contact the Townships Treasurer before completing the arrears program form to determine a mutually agreed upon monthly amount.
How much are my payments?
- January to June is your total previous year taxes divided by 10 months.
- July to November is your total current year taxes less the amount paid from January to June divided by 5 months. November's withdrawal amount may vary due to the rounding of payment amounts.
- The November withdrawal amount pays your taxes in full therefore there is no pre-authorized payment deducted in December.
- For commercial, industrial and multi-residential properties, the monthly amount will remain the same as the "January to June" formula until final taxes are calculated for capped properties. The monthly amount will then be recalculated as soon as possible and the balance owing for the year will be divided into the number of months remaining on the plan.
- Letters will be sent in December and June indicating your monthly payment amount.
- Requests to be removed from the pre-authorized debit plan or bank account information changes must be received in writing at least ten business days before the next debit is scheduled by completing the cancellation form electronically, or by printing off and sending to the Township Office.
- The regular program is penalty/ interest exempt.
- The arrears program accrues penalty/ interest until taxes are current.
- Supplementary or omitted assessments will be added to the plan and your monthly rate will be recalculated for remaining months.
- If your payment is returned we will notify you and the returned payment fee will be added to your account. You must pay your replacement payment before the next month's withdrawal otherwise you may be removed from the plan.
- You can request to change your monthly amount to an increase or decrease of $25.00 maximum. Your taxes must be paid by the end of the year in order to remain on the plan.
If you do not pay your taxes through a mortgage company, there are several payment options available as shown below.
Payment can be mailed to the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, PO Box 10, 1 Ottawa St. East., Havelock ON, K0L 1Z0.
Make cheques payable to the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, and include your stub with payment. Payments must be received in our office by the due date to avoid penalty/interest charges. Postdated cheques dated on an installment due date are acceptable, however once received will not be withdrawn from our files.
Payment can be made with a credit card only online through the Townships bill payment system, a fee of 1.75% applies to payment amount for processing. We accept credit card payments using Visa and Mastercard.
Payments must be received in our office by the due date to avoid penalty/ interest charges.
There is a drop box located at the front of the Township office located at 1 Ottawa Street East for after-hours drop off. Please do not pay with cash through this mail slot.
Make cheques payable to the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, and include your stub with payment. Payments must be received in our office by the due date to avoid penalty/interest charges.
Payment can be made in person at your bank or through internet/ telephone banking for all major financial institutions. Your roll number will be required to set this payment option up at your bank.
Payments must be received in our office by the due date to avoid penalty/interest charges.
Payment can be made in person at the Township office located at 1 Ottawa Street East during regular office hours Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Cash, cheques, postdated cheques, and debit payments are accepted. Credit card payments are not accepted at the office.
The Township offers a Pre-Authorized Debit Plan where funds are withdrawn automatically from your bank account.
Tax certificate requests are typically made through a lawyers office.
Submit a tax certificate request:
- Email Joelle Haig, Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax a cover letter to 705 778 5248
- Mail a cover letter to 1 Ottawa St E, PO Box 10, Havelock ON K0L 1Z0
Submit payment for a tax certificate request:
- Mail a cheque via regular mail to 1 Ottawa St E, PO Box 10, Havelock ON K0L 1Z0
- Mail a cheque via a courier service to 1 Ottawa St E, Havelock ON K0L 1Z0
- If you would like to make a payment via Credit Card, you must correspond with Joelle Haig, Administrative Assistant at email@example.com
If you are making a request of a tax certificate, and zoning and work order please complete the form below. Payment submission methods will still apply.
1 Ottawa St. East, PO Box 10, Havelock, Ontario K0L 1Z0
Toll Free 1-877-767-2795
Sign up to our Newsletter
Stay up to date on the township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.