Skip to main content Skip to footer

Who do I Call? Government and other agencies

To report signal malfunctions, trespassing, or other safety concerns, contact Police Communications Centre at 1-800-716-9132

Canadian Pacific Railway website

Crowe Valley Conservation Authority

70 Hughes Lane P.O. Box 416

Marmora, Ontario K0K 2M0

Crowe Valley Conservation Authority website

Phone: 613-472-3137 | Fax: 613-472-5516 | Email:

Smell gas?

For Enbidge Gas service area call: 1-866-763-5427

Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Communications Branch

200 Kent St
Station 13E228
Ottawa ON  K1A 0E6

Telephone: 613-993-0999
Fax: 613-990-1866
Teletypewriter: 1-800-465-7735

Contact Customer Service at 1-888-664-9376

Monday to Friday: 7:​30am - 8:​00pm

Saturdays: 9:​00am - 3:​00pm


Report an outage, 24/7 at 1-800-434-1235

Hydro One website

Telephone Number: 705-755-1342

Address: 300 Water Street Peterborough, ON

Website for the Land Registry Office 

Michelle Ferreri - MP

Main office – Peterborough
417 Bethune Street, Suite 4
Peterborough, Ontario
K9H 3Z1

Telephone: 705-745-2108
Email: Michelle Ferreri 

House of Commons
Michelle Ferreri, MP
Ottawa, Ontario,
K1A 0A6

Mail may be sent postage-free to parliamentary office in Ottawa.

Dave Smith, MPP


Unit 4, 1123 Water Street

Peterborough, ON  K9H 3P7

Telephone: 705-742-3777

Fax: 705-742-1822

Website for Dave Smith

Learn how to report pollution to the Spills Action Centre, including waste dumping, noise pollution and spills.


Call Ontario’s Spills Action Centre if you witness:

  • pollution spilled on land, in the water or in the air
  • industrial or commercial noise pollution
  • waste being dumped into the natural environment
  • improper disposal of commercial waste

Public pollution reporting hotline: 1-866-663-8477


Under provincial regulations, you must immediately report spills of pollutants that you control to Ontario’s Spills Action Centre.

By law, spills must be reported when:

  • you allowed the spill to occur
  • you had control of the substance immediately before the spill occurred
  • you are a member of a public agency (such as Metrolinx) and to your knowledge the spill has not already been reported

When the above applies, you must report the spill immediately to:

  1. Ontario’s Spills Action Centre
  2. the local municipality
  3. the owner of the substance (if known)
  4. the person in control of the substance (if known


Public spills reporting hotline: 416-325-3000

Toll-Free: 1-800-268-6060

What we do

  • work with 444 municipalities and partners to support provincial-municipal relationships across government
  • administer and update Ontario’s Building Code
  • set the rules for Ontario’s land use planning and oversee how municipalities implement them
  • helps residents and municipalities following sudden, unexpected natural disasters
  • set the rules for municipal and school board elections
  • develop rules that protect tenants and encourage maintenance and investment in rental housing
  • work with municipalities, social housing providers and other external stakeholders to help them meet their housing responsibilities
  • work to measure and address homelessness in Ontario
  • support municipalities so individuals and families can access suitable housing
  • fund construction and repair of social housing and affordable rental housing
  • set the annual rent-increase guideline and other rules related to rental housing

Website for the Ministry of Municipal Housing and Affairs

Contact Information:

Telephone 416-585-7041


Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
17th Floor, 777 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario M7A 2J3

What we do:

  • sustainably manage Ontario’s fish and wildlife resources
  • lead the management of Ontario’s Crown lands, water, oil, gas, salt and aggregates resources, including making Crown land available for renewable energy projects
  • ensure the sustainable management of Ontario’s Crown forests
  • protect people, property and communities from forest fires, floods and droughts
  • develop and apply geographic information to help manage the province’s natural resources


Contact phone numbers: 

General Inquiries 1-800-667-1940

Bancroft (Methuen Township) - 613-332-3940

Peterborough (Belmont Township) - 705-755-2001

Bear Wise - 1-866-514-2327

Invasive species - 1-800-563-7711

Natural resource violation - 1-877-847-7667

Natural Resources Information and Support Centre - 300 Water Street, Peterborough, ON K9J 8M5

General Inquiries: 1-800-268-4686

Provincial Highways Management Division: 416-327-9044 or 905-704-2600

Ministry of Transportation website


  • General Inquiry: 519-826-3100 (Toll Free: 1-888-466-2372)
  • Agricultural Information Contact Centre (AICC): 1-877-424-1300
  • Media Hotline: 519-826-3145

TTY (for the hearing impaired): 1-855-696-2811

Fax: 519-826-4335


Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
1 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON N1G 4Y2





Any time you dig on or near your property, contact Ontario One Call before you dig. Even if you are just digging with a shovel, be sure to get a locate in advance. Some underground cables and lines are just below the surface. You can contact Ontario One Call 24 hours a day 1-800-400-2255, 7 days a week.

OPP non-emergency telephone number:1-888-310-1122

OPP Peterborough Office telephone number: 705-742-0401

OPP Havelock Office - Community Policing Office (periodically staffed) telephone number: 705-778-2787

Peterborough Public Health
185 King Street, Peterborough, ON K9J 2R8
Phone: 705-743-1000
Toll Free: 1-877-743-0101
Fax: 705-743-2897
Email:  (for general inquiries)

Sexual Health Clinic (located at main office)
Phone: 705-748-2021
Fax: 705-748-3865

Community Dental Health Clinic (located at main office)
Phone: 705-748-2230
Fax: 705-743-4700

To inquire if your family is eligible for dental services, or to book an appointment, please call 705-743-1003, ext. 265.

Public Health Ontario Laboratory 

Residents will receive water quality results by mail or you can call Public Health Ontario’s Interactive Voice Response at 1-877-723-3426. If you have questions about water quality test results, you can call the Peterborough Public Health’s Safe Water Program at 705-743-1000, ext. 232, for a free consultation.

Location and Hours of Operation:

99 Hospital Drive between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

To find out how to test for contaminants other than total coliforms and E. coli, contact Peterborough Public Health at 705-743-1000, ext. 232 or visit

Havelock Post Office:

Location: 6 George St E
Phone: 705-778-2491

Norwood  Service Ontario Telephone: 705-639-2007

Campbellford Service Ontario Telephone: 705-653-1579

For more information on wild animal(s) - sick, injured or orphaned wild animals visit the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry webpage.

General tips

  • Do not remove the animal from its natural habitat. The animal may not need assistance, and you could do more harm than good.
  • Keep your distance.
  • For advice, contact a wildlife custodian who is authorized by Ontario to rehabilitate wildlife.

If you find a young wild animal separated from adults:

  • keep cats and dogs away
  • limit noise
  • keep your distance

An adult may not return if it is noisy or if predators or people are close by.

Get help for a wild animal

In Ontario, only wildlife rehabilitators, also known as wildlife custodians, are legally authorized to provide temporary care to sick, injured and orphaned wildlife so they can be returned to the wild.

Contact a wildlife custodian to get advice about how to help a wild animal that appears sick, injured or orphaned.

Do not approach or try to capture a wild animal without first talking to a wildlife custodian.

Ontario’s laws generally do not allow people to keep wildlife. However, you may temporarily possess sick, injured or immature wildlife for up to 24 hours if you are transferring the animal to a wildlife custodian or veterinarian.

Report sick or dead wildlife

If you find a sick or dead wild animal, report it to the Canadian Wildlife Health Cooperative (CWHC):

Reporting sick or dead wild animals to the CWHC helps them monitor diseases in wildlife and keep Ontario’s wildlife healthy.

If you suspect a dead wild animal may have had rabies:

Protecting yourself when handling sick, injured or orphaned wildlife

A sick, injured or orphaned wild animal:

  • may be scared and in pain
  • will not know that you want to help
  • can hurt you if you try to capture them
  • can carry diseases and parasites that can infect humans (such as rabies or avian influenza)

Wildlife custodians can help you determine how best to help the animal and what the next steps are.

If you must handle wildlife, always use caution. Consider wearing personal protective equipment, such as:

  • Heavy gloves when handling animals that can pierce your skin with beaks, teeth or claws. Otherwise, wear rubber gloves or disposable gloves, such as nitrile gloves.
  • Masks or respirators, such as N-95, KN-95, FFP2 or equivalent.
  • Eye protection, such as goggles, face shields or safety glasses.

Wash your hands with soap and warm water or use hand sanitizer when you are finished.

If you come across sick wildlife and suspect you may have been exposed to an infectious disease (such as rabies or avian influenza), contact your local Public Health Unit or family doctor immediately.

If a sick or injured wild animal is alive and poses a public safety issue, contact your local police department.

List of wildlife custodians

Ontario has approximately 70 wildlife custodians.

To find a wildlife custodian, view our Public list of authorized wildlife rehabilitators.

This is not a complete list of wildlife custodians in Ontario. The custodians on this list have agreed to share their contact information on this website.

Sign up to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.