Skip to main content Skip to footer

Commissioner of Oaths

The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen can sign documents that need the signature of a Commissioner of Oaths or a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits. Contact the office to make sure the right staff person is in the office.

Commissioner of Oaths Services

There is no charge for this service.

The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen Commissioner of Oaths can sign documents, at their discretion, that include but are not limited to the following:

  • Consent to travel with children (travel letters);
  • Proof of residency;
  • Vehicle transfer of ownership;
  • Insurance claims;
  • Pension plan;
  • Certify documents as 'true copies';
  • Certification of an identifiable individual's signature;
  • Government-related forms; and
  • Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen department forms such as land-use planning documents.

Required Documents

You will need to bring valid photo identification with you.

Notary Publics

The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen staff members who act as a Commissioner of Oaths are not Notary Publics. For some documents you will need the signature of a Notary Public. If you need a Notary Public you will have to contact a professional lawyer, a notary public who can practice law in Ontario, or a justice of the peace to sign those documents.

Sign up to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.