Economic Development Committee
Committee of Council
The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen formed an Economic Development advisory committee in 2015 and the committee consists of two members of Council, four volunteers from the Business Community (two village ward business owner and two township ward business owner) and one representative from the Havelock-Belmont-Methuen & District Chamber of Commerce.
The goal of the committee is to advise and assist Council and the citizens of the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen on matters associated with the ongoing economic well-being and prosperity of the community.
The mandate of the Economic Development Committee of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen is to provide advice on a range of economic development activities including:
- Marketing and promotion of the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen as an eastern Ontario destination;
- Supporting and enhancing growth opportunities for existing economic sectors within the community;
- Identifying new and emerging economic sectors and assessing growth potential;
- Identifying funding and partnership opportunities that would support a vibrant business community and downtown;
- Ensuring broad consultation with community stakeholders on economic development issues and opportunities;
- Working with other economic development organizations to enhance prosperity throughout the region;
- Communicating, and collaborating where appropriate, with the Chamber of Commerce and other community organizations.
Economic Development Committee - Meeting Calendar
1 Ottawa St. East, PO Box 10, Havelock, Ontario K0L 1Z0
Toll Free 1-877-767-2795
Sign up to our Newsletter
Stay up to date on the township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.