The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen can sign documents that need the signature of a Commissioner of Oaths or a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits. Contact the office to make sure the right staff person is in the office.
Commissioner of Oaths Services
There is no charge for this service.
The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen Commissioner of Oaths can sign documents, at their discretion, that include but are not limited to the following:
- Consent to travel with children (travel letters);
- Proof of residency;
- Vehicle transfer of ownership;
- Insurance claims;
- Pension plan;
- Certify documents as 'true copies';
- Certification of an identifiable individual's signature;
- Government-related forms; and
- Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen department forms such as land-use planning documents.
You will need to bring valid photo identification with you.
The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen staff members who act as a Commissioner of Oaths are not Notary Publics. For some documents you will need the signature of a Notary Public. If you need a Notary Public you will have to contact a professional lawyer, a notary public who can practice law in Ontario, or a justice of the peace to sign those documents.
Economic Development Officer/ Deputy Clerk
Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen 1 Ottawa St. East, PO Box 10, Havelock, Ontario K0L 1Z0
Email: Email the EDO
T.: 705-778-2308 Ext 228
Toll Free:: 1-877-767-2795
Map this Location.