For each term of Council, citizens are appointed by Council to various Committees and Boards. If you are interested in joining one of our Boards or Committees, please contact us for more information.
Municipal Service Boards
- Cemetery Board (made up of the Mayor and four public members)
- Library Board (made up of one Council member and four public members)
- Police Services Board (made up of the Mayor or designate, one public member and one provincial member)
- Committee of Adjustment (deals with Minor Variance applications)
Other committees with Council representation or liaison are
- Minor Variance and Severance Review Committee
- Mathison Property Committee
- Economic Development Committee
Community representatives are appointed through a selection process at the beginning of the term of Council and at the mid-term of Council, for a two-year term. Vacancies are filled as necessary.
Committees may be set up, changed, disbanded and replaced by Council.
Volunteers are very important to the community. If you wish to help a committee but all positions are filled you can still volunteer to help in other ways such as with special projects. Please contact us at 705-778-2308 if you wish to help your community by being a township volunteer.