Economic Development in the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen is a function of the Economic Development department and we work closely with the Planning department as well as Peterborough Economic Development and other agencies.
Whether you are starting a new business, looking for a storefront, looking for lands to expand or establish your business or are looking for help to navigate through the development process, Township staff are here to assist you.
The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen formed an Economic Development advisory committee in 2015 and the committee consists of two members of Council, two volunteers from the Business Community (one village ward business owner and one township ward business owner) and one representative from the Havelock-Belmont-Methuen & District Chamber of Commerce.
Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen Economic Development Committee
The goal of the committee is to advise and assist Council and the citizens of the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen on matters associated with the ongoing economic well-being and prosperity of the community.
The mandate of the Economic Development Committee of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen is to provide advice on a range of economic development activities including:
- Marketing and promotion of the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen as an eastern Ontario destination;
- Supporting and enhancing growth opportunities for existing economic sectors within the community;
- Identifying new and emerging economic sectors and assessing growth potential;
- Identifying funding and partnership opportunities that would support a vibrant business community and downtown;
- Ensuring broad consultation with community stakeholders on economic development issues and opportunities;
- Working with other economic development organizations to enhance prosperity throughout the region;
- Communicating, and collaborating where appropriate, with the Chamber of Commerce and other community organizations.