The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen retained FOTENN Consultants Inc. in 2016 to assist with the development of a Community Improvement Plan for the Village of Havelock. Under the Official Plan, the Village of Havelock is a designated Community Improvement Area. Council and the Economic Development Committee approved the Community Improvement Plan in 2017. The Township is now accepting applications for the Community Improvement Plan. Please see the list of documents below.
What is a Community Improvement Plan?
A Community Improvement Plan is a tool under the Planning Act which allows municipalities to provide stimulus funding in support of economic development and/or community revitalization initiatives. The Community Improvement Plan will describe the nature of eligible projects, funding programs and timelines. The Community Improvement Plan will allow the Township to direct funding programs toward projects and issues that are unique to the Village of Havelock. Examples of improvements that can be funded through a Community Improvement Plan include:
- Downtown revitalization
- Preservation and adaptive re-use of heritage and industrial buildings
- Environmental assessment, remediation and redevelopment of Brownfields
- Commercial building facade improvements
- Project feasibility studies
- Space conversion for residential and commercial uses
- Structural improvements to buildings
- Property tax assistance for remediation
Village of Havelock Community Improvement Plan documents